-->

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Cinnamon Apple Roses

A dash of cinnamon, a whiff of apple, embodied in a beautifully shaped rose. 

What's not to love?

 I know I said I'll be making a Q & A for my next blog post, but I'm saving that for something special :). Stay tuned! 

I love roses--especially red ones--but recently I found a type of rose that might supersede my love for red roses: cinnamon apple roses. These little apple-pie-esque bites are perfect for a picnic or brunch, and fulfil that sugar craving we have once in a while.




To make these beautiful cinnamon roses, you will need:

-1 apple
-Few tablespoons of cream cheese
-half a lemon
-1 pack of puff pastry
-Sugar
-Butter or baking spray
-A muffin tin

To start off, you want to core your apple and slice it into very thin slices, making a semi-circle.



Then, place you sliced apple into a bowl, and squeeze over your lemon.


Now the next step may be a little bizarre, but bear with me. Pour boiling water into the bowl so that it just covers the apples. This will 'cook' the apple and make it softer and more workable.


Take out your puff pastry and cut it lengthwise. My puff pastry was shorter, so I had to connect them at the ends. Spread your cream cheese onto half of the puff pastry strip, lengthwise (tip: it'll be easier if your cream cheese is softened).


Next, place a table spoon of sugar over the cream cheese. You can add as much or as little sugar as you please.


Pat your softened apples dry--this is a crucial step, as it gets rid of excess moisture, preventing the pastry from going soggy. Place the splices on top of the sugar and cream cheese, overlapping the ends.


 Next, add your dash of cinnamon!


Fold the puff pastry over.


Since the next step was a little hard to photograph, I'll explain it in text. Start wrapping your pastry from one end to the other in a rolling motion. Make sure you roll it tight, keeping the apples tucked into the pastry! After you are done, place it into your greased muffin tin.



The preparation is done! Leave the oven to do the rest of the work :). Turn your oven on to 180 Celsius (356 Fahrenheit), and bake for 12 minutes or until the pastry is puffed up.


This is the end product! Leave the roses to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before consuming for maximum enjoyment :). I would suggest dusting powdered sugar over these cinnamon apple roses if you want to make this a centre piece (I used sugar here, but I definitely think powdered sugar would've worked a lot better).


They taste just like mini apple pies (with a kick, thanks to the cream cheese)!


I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Let me know if you guys want to see more cooking recipes from me :). 

Till next time!

Best,
-R


Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Omg these look so gorgeous and delicious! I want some :(

    xx
    Kara // www.kay-ng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! thats so easy to make!! i waaant now!!

    http://divinamaravilhosa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should definitely try making it! it's soon good :)

      Delete